Welcome to my personal website and blog!
If you’re interested in finding success in the legal field, we’ve got a lot of good advice for you. It doesn’t matter if you’re in college, law school, or out there practicing law. Lexaholik.com contains blogs, articles, and how-to guides based on my personal experiences.
I know how it feels to have to jump through all the right hoops to acquire all the right lines on your legal resume. I went from being an underachiever with terrible grades to being an associate at one of the world’s most elite law firms.
Here’s an organized list of blogposts on this website. The law school admissions posts are usually directed at splitters, but they’re relevant to all applicants.
If you’re interested in going to law school but have low grades, you should sign up to receive a free copy of 30 Tips for Law School Applicants with Bad College Grades.
The Law School Application
- How to get into a top law school despite having bad grades.
- What’s the minimum GPA to get into law school?
- Want to know what topics to stay away from in your personal statement?
- What law school admissions officers have revealed about how they evaluate applicants.
- Can a high LSAT overcome a low GPA?
- How I overcame my LSAT Score Plateau and scored a 170.
- Should you take a LSAT course?
- The most important thing: Get the highest LSAT score possible.
Waitlisted or Deferred?
- What to do if you’re deferred or waitlisted.
- Are you a splitter who’s frustrated about being on the waitlist?
- Here’s a successful example of a Letter of Continued Interest (LOCI).
- When should you send the LOCI?
Succeeding in Law School
- Do you have average law school grades? Don’t worry. You can still make law review.
- Trying to get elected for a leadership position for a student organization? Here’s some advice.
- How to crush on-campus recruiting interviews for Biglaw.
- What to do about those damn student loans.
- Hate your prestigious law job? It’s probably because you’re not a good fit.
- Find a job or niche where you have a competitive advantage.
- Don’t quit your job without reading this post. You could be leaving money on the table.
- Some thoughts about why Cravath raised starting salaries to $180,000.
- Sad or depressed? You’re not alone. Here are some problems lawyers (and other people) face that you rarely hear about.
Bonus: Making Your Way Through Life
- Why you should take more risks in life.
- Some thoughts on overcoming failure.
- Gain your freedom by saving up some F-you money.
- Should you buy a house? Or invest in stocks?
- How I developed public speaking skills.
- You don’t need to know everything about personal finance. But you do need to know the most important rule.